- State-Mandated Testing
Why Ben Franklin?
Benjamin Franklin has been called America's founding Renaissance Man. He was exceptionally well-rounded and he excelled in many different fields of endeavor. One of our goals is to develop children like him. So who was Ben Franklin?
- Statesman, politician and ambassador
- Inventor of bifocals, the Franklin stove, and an odometer
- Scientist that lead to discoveries in the field of electricity among others
- Soldier in the American Revolutionary war
- Civic activist
- Author and founder of the library system
- Established the University of Pennsylvania
- Sought self-improvement through his 13 virtues
- Signatory of the U.S. Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution