- Parent Teacher Organization
- Drop-off, Pickup, & Parking
- Infinite Campus
- Marketing and Community Outreach
- Lightning Bolts Summer Camp
- Lightning Bolt BASE Program
- Principal Newsletters
- Enrollment Application
- Academic Calendar for 2014-15 & 2015-2016
Drop-off, Pickup, & Parking
Click here to review procedures for this year's carpooling information.
BFA property is to be used for all drop-off and pick-up of students and for parking for school events.
Morning drop-off (K-8th grades): 7:45 a.m. – 8:10 a.m. *
Afternoon pick-up (K-8th grades): 3:30 p.m. – 3:55 p.m.
Morning kindergarten pick-up: 11:15 a.m. – 11:25 a.m.
Afternoon kindergarten drop-off: 12:10 p.m. – 12:20 p.m.
*Students not in their seats by 8:15 a.m. will receive a tardy slip.
AM drop-off is 8:10-8:20
AM pick-up is 12:10-12:20
PM drop-off is 12:20-12:30
PM pick-up is 3:10-3:20
Student Drop-Off and Pickup
Ben Franklin Academy is committed to managing traffic and parking in a safe and effective manner for the benefit of its students and the community. Thus, BFA has drafted a Traffic and Parking Management Plan and Procedures. Click here to view this draft.
As a matter of school policy, no electronic devices of any kind, including Bluetooth or other hands-free devices, may be used by drivers in the areas designated in BFA’s Traffic and Parking Management Plan and Procedures. Further, to ensure the safety of all, a vehicle may not exceed 10 mph on school property at any time for any reason.
During the 2012-2013 school year, BFA will have two designated loading zones for kindergarten through seventh grade student use during pickup at the dismissal of school. BFA also will maintain a separate area designated for pre-kindergarten loading and unloading. A copy of the proposed traffic plan map can viewed by clicking here.
To ensure the safety of its students, BFA will have an adequate number of carpool attendants onsite. Starting in the 2012-2013 school year, each BFA family will be required to perform 1/3 of the required volunteer hours (30 hours per family per year, 15 hours for single parents) during drop-off, pickup or lunch. Click here to view the Volunteer & Visitor Policy.
Ben Franklin Academy is partnering with RideArrangers to assist families that are interested in carpooling, walking and biking to and from school with other families. RideArrangers is a program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) that has been helping families in the region for over 15 years. Last year, RideArrangers assisted nearly 70 schools and helped form more than 3,500 school-related carpools.
More specific details will be distributed in May. You are NOT required to participate and directions for opting out also will be distributed in May. The program generally works as follows:
- BFA will send its roster, which will include parent and student names, grades, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, to RideArrangers. This is the same information provided in the student directory.
- During the summer, RideArrangers will email BFA families their personalized list and map identifying the BFA families living closest to them. Parent names, student names, grades, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses will be shared.
- Families receiving a list are not obligated to participate and may keep the list as a reference.
- If you are interested in participating, you will need to take the initiative to contact the families on your list to make your arrangements.
- RideArrangers will share your information only with other BFA families. It will NOT sell your information to third parties. BFA families are similarly asked to respect the privacy of other BFA families.
- BFA and RideArrangers assume no responsibility but provide information for your use. Neither BFA nor RideArrangers runs background checks, confirms valid drivers’ licenses or assesses insurance coverage on participants. Potential users are advised to screen participants to their personal satisfaction and check their own insurance coverage for carpooling to assure they are covered under these voluntary arrangements. No drivers, vehicles or insurance are provided by either BFA or RideArrangers.
Special Event Parking
Ben Franklin Academy’s Traffic and Parking Management Plan and procedures includes parking for special events at the school. BFA will make reasonable efforts to provide for adequate back-up parking in the event the special event parking is unavailable and communicate any such plans in advance of a special event. To view the proposed Special Event Parking Map, click here.