Add to Calendar
March 5 – 9, BFA’s student council is sponsoring Charity Week! The BFA Student Council has elected to raise money for the American Cancer Society with a Penny War and a variety of other activities. It’s going to be a FUN week, for a GREAT cause.
Students will have the opportunity to purchase a ribbon (50 cents) for the bulletin board in honor of a loved one, and/or buy a ‘BFA Fights Cancer’ bracelet ($1). They’ll be a table in the main hallway from 7:45 – 8:10 a.m. each morning so kids can purchase ribbons and bracelets.
In addition, we’ll have a PENNY WAR! Students in every grade (pre-K – 8) will compete. Each class will earn money by adding pennies and bills to their jar, and can sabotage other classes by putting silver coins in their jars. The class with the highest average amount of money raised per student will win a popsicle party!
The student council planned lots of other activities, including:
- Monday, March 5 – Sock it to Cancer Day: Wear crazy, fun socks with your BFA uniform.
- Tuesday, March 6 – Put a Cap on Cancer: Wear your favorite hat with your BFA uniform.
- Wednesday March 7 – This is first Wednesday and Class Picture Day, so we’ll keep up the PENNY WAR while wearing our Formal Uniform.
- Thursday, March 8 – Team Up Against Cancer: Wear your favorite sports team jersey with uniform bottoms. AND, attend the social after school from 4 – 6 p.m. at Skate City in Littleton. Admission is $5, skate rental is $2.50 and there will be food available for purchase. Half of the admission will be donated back to BFA for the fundraiser.
- Friday, March 9 – Spirit Day: Students can wear their Spirit Wear T-shirt, a field day T-shirt from a prior year or a BFA Fun Run T-shirt with regular uniform bottoms.