Thank you everyone who has served on, volunteered for, and supported the PTO this year! It has been a great year, with many memorable events.
Each year, with the generous donations from our BFA community, the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) provides the school with tools, materials, and financial support for important programs, including: Lexia, Accelerated Reader incentives, Directory On Tap, new software, student planners, teacher, staff and volunteer appreciation; and community events – just to name a few! This school year, the PTO also has purchased:
- Fencing along Plaza Drive (shared cost with BFA)
- Software coding kits for elementary classes
- New playground equipment, including a larger, paved tetherball area
- Laser printer and cartridges for middle school STEAM classes
- New risers for musical performances (shared cost with BFA)
- Spirit rock
- Replacement headphones for all kindergarten classes
- Costumes and sets for the “Seussical Jr.” musical
- Fees for HawkQuest to attend BFA’s STEM Expo
- More than 1,000 Field Day T-shirts for all students and staff
- Field Day bounce houses and Kona Ice
Additionally, thanks to the generosity of the BFA community and our annual sponsors, last fall’s BENefit Bash netted approximately $54,000, which will be used to build an outdoor classroom and to fulfill teacher requests in the 2018-19 school year.
Thank you again for your unwavering support!