Express Check-In (ECI), the Douglas County district-wide annual check-in program, is now open.
By Wednesday, August 4, one parent from the primary household should complete DCSD Express Check-In for each K-8 student. You’ll need to do the following:
- Approve/update contact, address and phone number information for parents and emergency contacts for each K-8 student;
- Select/update media consent elections;
- Review, electronically sign and/or print required forms; and,
- Add/update student health information.
Normally, this is also when families pay student fees but, as Principal Simpson announced in June, our funding from the state came in higher than we had expected. This change allowed us to look over our budget and see what changes we can make that would impact families, students, and staff in the most positive way. One of the most significant changes is that we will NOT be charging any student fees this school year. We are excited to pass these savings along to families while still providing all the necessary school supplies and materials that students and teachers need.
Note about Media Elections for Students: During the Express Check-In process, you will be asked to review your media elections. Please note that if you choose no media coverage for your child(ren), we will do our best to ensure that your student(s) will not be pictured; however, as the District notes, there is no expectation of privacy during school assemblies or other large school gatherings, sporting events, off campus field trips or extra-curricular activities. Once you elect an option for the school year, it will not be changed.
To access and complete DCSD Express Check-In, you must have and be able to access your District Portal account. If you do not remember your username and password, please email email@example.com.
As a reminder, for step two of the Check-In process, BFA Annual Family Check-In, parents and their K-8 student(s) should come to BFA on their assigned date:
Wednesday, August 11
Families with last name beginning A-L
Hours: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. (School closed for lunch break from 2-3 p.m.)
Thursday, August 12
Families with last name beginning M-Z
Hours: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. (School closed for lunch break from 11 a.m. – noon)
When you come to BFA to check-in, make sure to:
- Returning families: Bring carpool tag(s) for the annual validation sticker. New families: You’ll receive two carpool tags at BFA Annual Family Check-In.
- Be ready to SMILE! Student and parent photos will be taken. Order forms for student pictures will be available from DCSD Online Express Check-In. Students should wear a BFA uniform shirt. Parents’ pictures will be used for their annual volunteer badges.
- Bring student medications and completed required health forms from DCSD Online Express Check-In with parent and physician’s signature. Please remember, prescriptions must have a pharmacy label.
- Bring copies of any legal documents or updates (custody, guardianship, etc.), if applicable.
Don’t wait–click here to complete DCSD Express Check-In for your student(s)!