A message from Principal Simpson…
We all agree that students learn best in person. We understand that the majority of our families and our staff expressed that they were comfortable having students in-person for school. We feel that we can continue to operate safely under the current scenario, but we need your help. Our community has done an outstanding job so far. Families are keeping students who are symptomatic at home and are communicating about exposures outside of school. If we want to remain open, that has to continue at a very high level. These are some other things you can do to help keep BFA open as well as keep our students and staff safe:
- Avoid gatherings of more than ten people from no more than two households
- Limit or completely stop participation in sports, clubs, or outside activities.
- If you decide to travel for Thanksgiving, please consider self-quarantining for a few days upon your return.
- Limit student social gatherings
- Wear masks
- Frequently wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer
Here at school, we will continue to:
- Keep up our strict cleaning protocols.
- Enforce mask usage for 4th-8th grade students.
- Encourage mask usage for our K-2 students in the classrooms and require usage in common areas and specials classrooms.
- Enforcing cohort boundaries.
- Encourage proper and frequent handwashing and sanitizer use.
Please email me with any questions or concerns.