This spring, the BFA community will elect one (1) director and the BFA Board of Directors will appoint one (1) director in accordance with the Board of Directors Election Policy to serve on the volunteer, seven-director BFA Board. Each seat is for a three-year term. The Nomination Period ended on Feb. 22, and we are so excited to announce the 2019-20 Ben Franklin Academy (BFA) Board of Director nominees: Bryan Molen, Sarah Nisbet and Jason Page will be seeking a seat on the BFA Board this spring.
I am currently the secretary of the BFA Board. I hold a bachelor’s degree in business management from the University of Maine. I have been in the commercial risk management and insurance brokerage industry for 17 years, and currently work for Aon plc, a global professional services firm. I have served on the BFA Board for 3 years, and in addition to supporting the Board in the role of Secretary, I chair the Strategic Planning Committee, as well as serve as the Secretary to the BFA Foundation Board.
I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Students from Texas State University. I have five years experience teaching at the elementary school level. During those years, I took advantage of every opportunity to further my education by becoming trained in gifted & talented (GT) education, ESL certified and serving on our literacy collaborative committee. I continued my passion for education outside of my classroom by helping students and teachers through leading small groups to prepare for standardized testing, mentoring a first year teacher and mentoring a student teacher. Since becoming a parent, I’ve continued to stay involved in my community by leading a Mom’s group, running the finance side of my MOPS group, being a room parent, plus serving on the SAC Committee at BFA. Being involved is so fulfilling and I’m happy to bring the parent, student, and teacher perspective.
- Married for almost 14 years to Holly and Dad to Abigail, 1st grader @ BFA
- Grew up in Merrimack, NH
- Hold Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education, a Master of Arts degree in Leadership, and an MBA with a concentration in Strategic Leadership
- I have worked in the education, entertainment, government, consumer electronics, mining, and oil & gas industries
- “Fun” job; Musical Director for Celebrity Cruise lines, 2004-2006 (yes, I lived on a cruise ship)
- Currently an IT manager for BPX Energy, US onshore arm of BP (global energy conglomerate)
- Serve on the worship team at Fathom Church in Littleton
- Live in Highlands Ranch
- Currently on STEM committee @ BFA
- Enjoy cooking, hiking, swimming, tennis, reading, travel, carpentry
- I do not currently hold any charter school experience
Voting for the Seat 3, Class B, director will take place electronically April 5-12. Members of the BFA Parent Voting Group will receive access to an electronic ballot on Friday, April 5, and will have until Friday, April 12, at 11:59 p.m. to cast their vote. Results of the election will be announced and the appointment will be made on Tuesday, April 16, at the regularly scheduled Board meeting.