BFA is committed to bringing unique learning opportunities to our students and we are pleased to continue a free reading service providing digital books through OverDrive.
The OverDrive collection is an extension of Ben Franklin Academy’s physical library; kids have online access to eBooks and audiobooks. It’s a convenient way for students to check out titles at home, on the weekends or during school breaks with no worry about misplacing a book or running up fees – these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period!
OverDrive can help students of all ages read more and improve comprehension. Struggling or reluctant readers, learning-challenged, second language learners, and gifted readers can all benefit from this service. There are so many benefits of reading, and using OverDrive can help with:
- Enriching vocabulary and improving comprehension and pronunciation;
- Introducing students to books above their reading level;
- Teaching critical listening skills; and
- Helping busy kids find time to read.
How does it work?
To use OverDrive, students browse our secure custom website, borrow books with their Google Single Sign on and enjoy anytime, anywhere on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or eReader.
Once you click on the Website, use the following information to login:
- Username: Students last name beginning with a capital letter, then first initial and middle initial
- Password: Dcsd (capital D) followed by student ID number
- Example: Username: Smithbk, Password: Dcsd123456