Parents of ALL new/prospective K-8 students, including siblings of current BFA K-8 students and BFA preschool students, must complete Open Enrollment during First Round to be eligible for an enrollment offer and earn a priority status. The First Round is NOW OPEN and runs through Dec. 1. Plan to complete the process before Thanksgiving break as BFA is closed and DCSD IT Support will be limited during the break. Once the First Round ends, the next opportunity to complete the process will be in mid-January.
Open Enrollment submissions during the FIRST ROUND ONLY will have priority based on the following:
- Children in the household of Founding Families;
- Siblings of current K-8 BFA students. Siblings that share the same birth date (ie. twins or triplets) shall receive automatic enrollment;
- Children of full-time teachers; and
- BFA preschool students, as detailed in the Enrollment Policy.
IMPORTANT: To leverage priority status, please complete Open Enrollment during the First Round.
DCSD Open Enrollment Webpage – Review Important Details Here!
The most up-to-date information, instructions, and answers to commonly-asked questions visit the DCSD Open Enrollment webpage. After reviewing this page, if you have questions about enrollment or need your EngagED Parent Portal login please email our registrar, Colleen Bobbin before Thanksgiving break.
- Parents who have had K-12 DCSD students should have an EngagED account already. DO NOT CREATE a new account. (Hint: This is the username and password you used to complete Express Check-In.)
- Parents who have not had K-12 DCSD students, will need to create an EngagED Parent Portal account once Open Enrollment begins on Nov. 1.
Note: Parents can select “Email me my choices” to receive a confirmation email of the school choices made for your student. Registrars will not have access to this information until after First Round closes. Emailing your choices provides confirmation of completing the process. Should there be a question, parents will be asked to provide this confirmation.
Enrollment Paperwork – Get A Head Start!
If a parent completes Open Enrollment and receives and accepts an enrollment offer for their child, and that child is not a current DCSD student (BFA preschool students are not considered DCSD students), s/he will receive an email by December 22 with the required Enrollment Packet. The turnaround to complete and submit the packet is quick; the due date is Monday, Jan. 3, 2022.
BFA parents who would like to submit the Enrollment Packet on or before Wednesday, Dec. 1, can get a head start! Mrs. Bobbin, BFA’s registrar, will review all packets submitted by this deadline. Prior to the December break, she will confirm whether packets are complete or require additional attention on or before January 3, 2022.
- If you are a BFA parent with an incoming kindergarten student who does not attend BFA’s preschool, please complete this form. Once the packet is finalized, Mrs. Bobbin will email the packet to you.
- If you are the parent of a current BFA preschooler who will start kindergarten next year, Mrs. Bobbin will provide the packet to Mrs. Hafner to send out to her preschool families. You DO NOT need to complete the aforementioned form designed for those who do not attend BFA preschool.
Current K-7 BFA Students
Current 2021-22 BFA K-7 students will automatically be enrolled at BFA for the 2022-23 school year. If your student will not return to BFA next year, please let the registrar know via email.
2022-23 Preschool Students
Preschool Enrollment for the three-year-old and four-year-old classes will take place via the preschool webpage on the BFA website. Preschool enrollment for current BFA families will begin at 9 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 6. Preschool enrollment for the general public will begin at 9 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 10.
If you are interested in the Ben Franklin Academy Preschool program, please click here for more information.