Getting Ready for the 2021-22 School Year
What do I need to know/do today?
Note Summer Office Hours
Returning Families Keep Carpool Tags
Make Necessary Medical Appointments
Calendar Key Dates
Important Steps to Complete for 2021-22 School Year
Required: Complete Two Step Check-In Process for All K-8 Students
- Approve/Update contact, address and phone number information for parents and emergency contacts for each K-8 student;
- Select/Update media consent elections;
- Review, electronically sign and/or print required forms;
- Add/Update student health information;
- Complete and submit required Google Forms by August 4; and
- Pay student fees. (A late fee will be assessed for each student in your family if student fees aren’t paid by August 4.)
- Returning families: Bring carpool tag(s) for the annual validation sticker. New families: You’ll receive two carpool tags at BFA Annual Family Check-In.
- Be ready to SMILE! Student and parent photos will be taken. Order forms for student pictures will be available from DCSD Online Express Check-In. Students should wear a BFA uniform shirt. Parents’ pictures will be used for their annual volunteer badges.
- Bring student medications and completed required health forms from DCSD Online Express Check-In with parent and physician’s signature.
- Bring copies of any legal documents or updates (custody, guardianship, etc.), if applicable.
Required: Middle School Students Choose Electives
- Eighth grade: Registration opens at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 7
- Seventh grade: Registration opens at 9 a.m. on Thursday, July 8
- Sixth grade: Registration opens at 9 a.m. on Friday, July 9
- Registration will close at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, July 14
Required: Middle School Students should Print Schedules
Important: View Teacher Assignments
Instructions for Pulling Up Teachers/Schedules in IC
- Login to your Infinite Campus (IC) Parent Portal.
- From the left-hand menu bar, select: Documents.
- Click the arrow for 0135 BFA 21-22.
- Elementary students will see their homeroom teacher, and middle school students can print their schedule.
- Note: If you have more than one student, you’ll need to click on down arrow by the student’s picture on the upper right side of site to change the student selection.
Optional: Order Extra Carpool Tags
Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year—What’s Next?
New BFA Parent/Guardian Orientation – Brand new BFA families are welcome to join us for an orientation from 6 – 7 p.m. on Thursday, August 12, at BFA.
Sixth Grade Students and New Middle School Student Orientation – Students are welcome to join us for an orientation to middle school from 8 – 10 a.m. on Tuesday, August 17, at BFA.
Meet the Teacher/Family Picnic – Save the date! On the evening of Monday, August 16, you’ll have the opportunity to meet your student(s) teacher(s) as well as other BFA families. Come by BFA and meet your teacher between 4 – 5:30 p.m., then stay for an informal school picnic which will be held from 5:30 – 7 p.m. Additional details will be provided this summer.
The First Day of School for Grades 1-8 and Kindergarten Individual Assessments on Wednesday, August 18, 8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Students in grades 1-8 should wear their Formal Uniform, which is a navy polo with the BFA logo and tan pants, shorts, skirt or a skort. (As a reminder, the Formal Uniform is worn on the first day of school, the first Wednesday of every month and on field trips.) Kindergarten students will have their individual assessments this day. Kindergarten students will not be at school for the entire day, rather they will only be on campus during their designated assessment time period; therefore, they can wear ‘street clothes’ to school rather than the uniform. More information about signing up for assessments will be provided by your teacher in August.
Kindergarten First Day of School and BooHoo/YaHoo, Thursday, August 19, Morning and Full-Day kindergarten begins at 8:30 a.m.; afternoon kindergarten starts at the regular time (12:30 p.m.) – This year, kindergarten students will take individual assessments on Wednesday, August 18, so their first day of school is Thursday, August 19. Students should wear their Formal Uniform, which is a navy polo with the BFA logo and tan pants, shorts, skirt or a skort. School will start a bit later on the first morning (8:30 a.m.) so parents can park and walk their students into school. Parents should plan on walking their students into school for a story and staying for our traditional BooHoo/YaHoo social event on Thursday, August 19. Additional details to follow.
Back to School Nights – Every year, parents are invited to a Back to School Night to help them become better acquainted with the school, staff and information specific to their child’s grade level. More information will be provided later in the summer.
- Grades K- 4 Back to School Night Tuesday, Aug. 24, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Grades 5-8 Back to School Night Wednesday, Aug. 25, 6 – 8 p.m.