Getting Ready for the 2022-23 School Year
Key Dates this Summer
- June 1- Aug. 3: Summer Hours, Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – Noon, (closed July 6).
- July 18-28: Complete DCSD Express Check-In
- Aug. 10 or 11: Attend BFA Annual Family Check-In
- Aug. 17: First Day of School
Questions: Contact us at email@example.com
What do I need to know/do today?
Note Summer Office Hours
Returning Families Keep Carpool Tags
Make Necessary Medical Appointments
Calendar Key Dates
Order Extra Carpool Tags, If Necessary
Important Steps to Complete for 2022-23 School Year
Required: Complete Two Step Check-In Process for All K-8 Students
STEP #1: DCSD Express Check-In
- DCSD Express Check-In is normally when families pay student fees, but as Mrs. Simpson announced earlier, our funding from the state came in higher than we had expected. This change allowed us to look over our budget and see what changes we could make that would impact families, students and staff in the most positive way. One of the most significant changes is that we will NOT be charging any student fees again this school year. We are excited to pass these savings along to families while still providing all the necessary school supplies and materials that students and teachers need.
- DCSD Express Check-In must be completed by logging into the EngagED Parent Portal. Log into the portal using your Infinite Campus (IC) Parent Portal username and password.
- Parents of current BFA K-8 students, as well as DCSD Intra-District Transfers and/or Former DCSD students already have a Parent Portal user name and password. Try to login NOW to the EngagED Parent Portal. If you’re successful, you’ll be able to log in when Express Check-In opens. If you cannot remember your username and password, please contact Colleen Bobbin by July 1.
- Parents who have never had a K-12 DCSD student created a Parent Portal username and password when completing Open Enrollment for their child(ren). Try NOW to login to the EngagED Parent Portal. If you’re successful, you’ll be able to login when Express Check-In opens. If you cannot remember your username or password, Colleen Bobbin can help you reset your account after July 1.
- If Step #1 is not complete, you’ll experience delays when you try to proceed with Step #2, BFA Annual Family Check-In.
Click here for Express Check-In instructions.
STEP #2: BFA Annual Family Check-In
- Returning families: Bring carpool tag(s) for the annual validation sticker. New families: You’ll receive two carpool tags at BFA Annual Family Check-In.
- Be ready to SMILE! Student and parent photos will be taken. Link to the online order site from the flier available through DCSD Express Check-In. Students should wear a BFA uniform shirt. Parents’ pictures will be used for their annual volunteer badges.
- Bring student medications and completed required health forms from DCSD Express Check-In with parent and physician’s signature.
- Bring copies of any legal documents or updates (custody, parenting plan, guardianship, etc.), if applicable.
View Teacher Assignments
Action Items for Middle School Students
- July 6 –Electives Open for Eighth Grade
- July 7 – Electives Open for Seventh Grade
- July 8 – Electives Open for Sixth Grade
- July 15 – Electives Close for all
Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year—What’s Next?
New BFA Parent/Guardian Orientation – Brand new BFA families are welcome to join us for an orientation from 5:30 – 7 p.m. on Thursday, August 11, at BFA.
Meet the Teacher/Family Picnic – Save the date! On the evening of Monday, August 15, you’ll have the opportunity to meet your student(s) teacher(s) as well as other BFA families. Elementary and middle school families can come by BFA and meet their teacher between 4 – 5:30 p.m., then stay for an informal school picnic which will be held from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Preschool families should look for an email with details, as they will have a specific time slot for meeting their teachers. Additional details will be provided this summer.
The First Day of School for Grades 1-8 is from 8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17. Students should wear their Formal Uniform, which is a navy polo with the BFA logo and tan pants, shorts, skirt or a skort.
Kindergarten First Day of School and BooHoo/YaHoo, For the first day of school ONLY, morning and full-day kindergarten begins at 8:30 a.m.; afternoon kindergarten starts at the regular time (12:30 p.m.) – Students should wear their Formal Uniform, which is a navy polo with the BFA logo and tan pants, shorts, skirt or a skort. School will start a bit later on the first morning (8:30 a.m.) so parents can park and walk their students into school. Parents should plan on walking their students into school for a story and staying for our traditional BooHoo/YaHoo social event. Additional details to follow.
Back to School Nights – Every year, parents are invited to a Back to School Night to help them become better acquainted with the school, staff and information specific to their child’s grade level. More information will be provided later in the summer.
- Grades K- 4: Back to School Night Tuesday, Aug. 30, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Grades 5-8: Back to School Night Wednesday, Aug. 31, 6 – 8 p.m.
As we mentioned above, we’ll continue to communicate and remind you of important dates throughout the summer.