Thank you everyone who has served on, volunteered for, and supported the PTO this year! Although our school year was cut short, it has been another great year, with many memorable events.
Each year, with the generous donations from our BFA community and our annual sponsors, the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) provides the school with tools, materials, and financial support for important programs, including: Lexia; Accelerated Reader incentives; Directory On Tap; HelpCounter software; student planners; teacher, staff, and volunteer appreciation; and community events such as the Harvest Festival, Sweetheart Ball, and Spring Social. Additional PTO purchases for the school this year included:
- Recess equipment storage unit
- Yearbooks for students who participate in the yearbook elective
- Literacy materials for first grade
- Weighted lap pads
- Art room organization supplies
- TV enclosure for the Thunder Gym
- Disney Choir and Washington, DC, trip contributions of $100 per student, pending completion of volunteer requirements
- Gift cards for all staff, in lieu of in-person all staff year-end luncheon
Thanks to the generosity of the BFA community, this school year we received donations totaling approximately $31,000 in addition to fundraising income of approximately $46,000. From that money, $19,500 was spent on enhancements to the outdoor classroom this spring, and $40,000 will be held in reserves. The balance of the fundraising monies was spent on various PTO programs and school services throughout the year. Any remaining funds will roll over to next year’s PTO budget. Additionally, the PTO has committed to allocate unspent MakerSpace funds toward the greenhouse project, if needed.
Thank you again for your unwavering support!