Thank you everyone who has served on, volunteered for, and supported the PTO this year! It has been another great year, with many memorable events.
Each year, with the generous donations from our BFA community and our annual sponsors, the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) provides the school with tools, materials, and financial support for important programs, including: Lexia; Accelerated Reader incentives; Directory On Tap; HelpCounter software; student planners; teacher, staff, and volunteer appreciation; and community events such as the Harvest Festival, Sweetheart Ball, and Spring Social. Additionally, PTO purchases for the school this year include:
- Logo-ed pop-up sports tent for Middle School sports teams and field day events
- Yearbooks for students who participate in the yearbook elective all three trimesters
- The outdoor classroom
- Maintenance equipment including a ladder and vacuum
- Gridded white boards for middle school math classes
- Vending machine for the staff lounge
- Literacy materials for first grade
- Portable dance floor for the music room
- Projector and screen for the library
- Fees for HawkQuest to attend BFA’s STEM Expo
- More than 1,000 Field Day t-shirts for all students and staff
- Field Day bounce houses and Kona Ice
Thanks to the generosity of the BFA community, last fall’s Fun Run netted $68,000. Of that amount, approximately, $9,700 was given back to classroom teachers to enhance their classroom materials or curriculum. Additionally, the PTO has committed to spend up to $40,000, on the MakerSpace.
Thank you again for your unwavering support!