Thank you everyone who has served on, volunteered for, and supported the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) this year! And, special thanks from the BFA community to our outgoing PTO President, Mollie Anderson!
Each year, with the generous donations from our BFA community and our annual sponsors, the PTO provides the school with tools, materials, and financial support for important programs, including: Lexia, Accelerated Reader incentives, Directory On Tap, HelpCounter software, student planners, teacher, staff, and volunteer appreciation, as well as community events such as Trunk or Treat and the Sweetheart Ball. Additional PTO purchases for the school this year included:
- Eagle Scout picnic table project materials
- Sewing machines for the Middle School Life Skills class
- Materials for the new garden beds
- A new spirit rock
- $10,260 in various teacher giveback purchases related to DanceFit
- Washington, D.C. trip contributions of $100 per participating student
- All staff year-end luncheon
Thanks to the generosity of the BFA community, this school year we received sponsorship donations totaling approximately $12,500 and DanceFit income of $46,753. From that money, approximately $28,000 is being spent on stage sound and lighting enhancements. The balance of the fundraising monies was spent on various PTO programs and school services throughout the year. Any remaining funds will roll over to next year’s PTO budget.
Thank you again for your unwavering support!