Douglas County Nutrition Services (DCNS) provides lunch at our school. They strive to provide quality, fresh well-balanced meal choices—see this month’s choices on the Nurtrislice website.
Nutrition Services is now offering pre-order Weekly Meal Bags for eLearners and Hybrid learners for days when they are learning at home. Bags contain breakfast and lunch. These meals are FREE for students on the free/reduced meal program and are available at a cost for full pay students. Click to view the flier, or see the Nutrislice website for more information. Click here to place an order.
Below is some helpful information, as well as answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Please email any further questions or concerns to Holly Long our Kitchen Manager.
Lunch Accounts – MySchoolBucks
Like most BFA payments, you can fund your lunch account using MySchoolBucks. If you are new to MySchoolBucks, please see our MySchoolBucks payments webpage for more details about how to set up your account. This service offers many benefits including:
- Mobile options for when you’re on-the-go, including a smartphone app and a tablet-friendly website
- Ability to schedule automatic payments when your student’s account balance runs low
- Great customer service, with email, online help, and a dedicated call center to directly contact with your inquiries
- Enhanced security to provide even greater protection of sensitive data
- In addition to funding your student’s meal account, you can view student meal balances and purchases on MySchoolBucks – anytime, at no cost. You can also set alerts for when your balance is low.
Please contact MySchoolBucks via email or call 855-832-5226 if you have any questions about lunch accounts.
Nutrition Services will also accept checks or cash at the register. Please be sure your student’s name and ID number is on the check and it is made payable to DCNS. For more information visit their website.
Lunch menu (including ingredients and allergy information) can be found at Nutrislice website. Please make sure your child knows when they are to get hot lunch and what their choice is for that day (including doubles). Teachers are asked to give a count of how many students will be ordering lunch and what choice they would like each morning.
We are asking for six parent volunteers each day to help the process go smoothly. Under your volunteer preferences in Help Counter, be sure to check “lunch” as one of your interests. Log into HelpCounter and sign up TODAY! Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What does each meal include and what is the cost? A school meal has five components. Meat or meat alternate, grain, fruit, vegetable and milk or water (juice is not included). A student must choose at least three components (one of which has to be a fruit or vegetable) and up to 5 components for the meal to be purchased at the $3.10* (K-5) or $3.35* (6-8 is a slightly larger portion). Any additional components will be an extra charge.
- How much does an adult meal (adult size portion) cost? An adult meal is $3.75* without milk or water and $4.50* with milk or water.
- How much is milk or other drinks without a meal? Milk or 4 oz juice is $.75. 12 oz. bottled water $.75. Besides milk, options for middle school students include a 20 oz bottled water for $1.25 and various drinks including 8 oz. juice and carbonated juice (i.e. Epic, Envy or Switch) for $1.25. There are also a variety of snacks for $.50-$2.50.
- Do I have to order ahead? No, your student can decide in the morning when he/she gets to school. Just make sure your child puts their order in with their teacher that morning.
*Price includes $.25 fee per meal to pay for kitchen equipment.