Please Read: Below are Links to Important Messages Regarding Upcoming School Year.
Student Health and Wellness
Communication at BFA
- Principal Simpson’s weekly newsletter is sent out via email every Thursday during the school year. You can find back issues here.
- The BFA website is the central hub for news, calendars, policies, teacher webpages, committee webpages and essential quicklinks for absence/attendance reporting, lunch, payments and volunteer management. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the website!
- BFA has a public Facebook page and posts various announcements and pictures throughout the day.
- Teacher websites, newsletters and blogs ensure you stay abreast of all the happenings inside your student’s classroom.
- The BFA app offers quick access to all the information you need from your mobile device, and if you enable notifications, you’ll also receive helpful reminders throughout the year. The app is available on IOS and Android devices – get it now on the App Store or Google Play!
- Be sure to follow our Instagram account, BFAmazing, to see what is happening every day. You never know who might pop up on the ‘gram!
- Additional communications will be sent routinely to Middle School and Preschool families.
- And, there are two Facebook pages run by BFA parents that can be helpful. They are not official BFA pages, so if you have a policy or calendar question, you should reach out to someone at BFA; however, they can help you connect with other BFA families in an informal way or even find used uniforms to purchase. There is a Buy and Sell Facebook page and Friends of Ben Facebook page. Additionally, some grade levels have their own Facebook page–contact your Room Parent or ask other parents in the classroom for more information.
Click here to view the webpage with instructions on how to report an absence.
If your student will be picked up in carpool by another person or if you need to make a change to your student’s ‘Walker’ status, email email@example.com by 1:30 p.m.
Payments and Fees
Families new to the Douglas County School District (DCSD) should set up an account on MySchoolBucks to pay for lunch, field trips and spirit wear. New families will be able to set up their account after July 1. View this Payments webpage for instructions on how to set up your account, add a new student, and/or get started using MySchoolBucks.
You DO NOT have to purchase your own school supplies each August; more information about student fees will be provided throughout the summer.
Douglas County Nutrition Services (DCNS) provides lunch at our school. See our lunch webpage for more information. You also can visit the Nurtrislice website and choose Ben Franklin Academy to view the lunch menu.
You can access the event calendar and the academic calendar from the primary navigation bar on the main BFA webpage. In addition, you can print off a PDF version of the academic calendar if you go to the forms webpage (click on ‘forms’ at the top of the page).
Volunteerism is a fantastic opportunity to connect with other parents, teachers and support your student; as such, it’s a requirement at BFA. See our volunteer webpage for additional information about requirements, opportunities and how to log your hours.
BASE and Summer Camp
BFA’s Lightning Bolt Before/After School Enrichment (BASE) program serves BFA children and parents by providing a safe, enriching, convenient, and affordable school-age childcare program. Our on-site program features indoor and outdoor activities that keep your child engaged and safe while giving them plenty of time to work on their homework. A perfect fit for working parents or parents who need additional time before or after school, BFA’s Lightning Bolt BASE program provides safe alternative for school-aged childcare.