The BFA PTO Needs YOU!
2019 PTO Elections
April 22-26, 2019
Are you interested in helping BFA while connecting with others who are passionate about our school? If so, we hope you’ll consider becoming a member of the PTO team! When you volunteer with the PTO, you make a real, meaningful difference at BFA and build lasting friendships with other BFA parents.
Who we are
The PTO is an integral part of Ben Franklin Academy. Since it began serving BFA, the PTO has raised funds to provide all manner of items for the school, including playground equipment, library books, a climbing wall, the outdoor classroom, and the MakerSpace as well as tools and resources needed by the teachers, staff and administration. In addition, we organize multiple social events to bring together the entire BFA community.
Executive Officer Positions Up for Election/Appointment
The offices of President, Treasurer, and Room Parent Coordinator are up for election by the school community. These positions are voting members of the PTO Executive Board and serve two-year terms. The office of Social Coordinator is up for appointment and serves a one-year term.
Committee Chair Positions up for Election
Committee Chairs are one-year positions elected by the school community, but are non-voting members of the Board. Two individuals may choose to serve as Committee Co-Chairs for any position.
- Birthday Committee Chair
- Box Top Committee Chair
- Restaurant/Spirit Night Committee Chair
- Teacher Appreciation Committee Chair
- Uniform Buy Back Committee Chair
- Virtues Awareness Committee Chair
- Yearbook/School Pictures Committee Chair
Committee Manager Positions up for Appointment
Each Committee Manager is a one-year position. Interested parties must submit a bio, which will be used for voting by the PTO Executive Officers.
- Baking Committee Manager
- Benefit Bash Assistant Committee Manager
- Benefit Bash Auction Item Storage Committee Manager
- Benefit Bash Procurement Committee Manager
- Ben’s Brigade Committee Manager
- Bulletin Board Committee Manager
- Harvest Festival Committee Manager
- Marketing Committee Manager
- Online Store Committee Manager
- PTO Web Page Committee Manager
- SCRIP Committee Manager
- Social Media Committee Manager
- Spirit Rock Committee Manager
- Spirit Wear Committee Manager
- Sponsor Committee Manager
- Spring Social (Mother/Son) Committee Manager
- Sweetheart Ball (Father/Daughter) Committee Manager
- Welcoming Committee Manager
Interested in a PTO position?
If you are interested in becoming a PTO Executive Officer, Committee Chair, or Committee Manager, please click here to nominate yourself or someone else. Applications will be available on March 1 and must be submitted by April 5, 2019.