Highlights of Universal Pre-K
Universal Preschool: As we are all preparing for preschool for the 2023-24 school term, we would like to address the Universal Preschool Program that has been adopted by the state of Colorado. Below are highlights of what we know as of December 1, 2022.
- You must be 4 by Oct. 1, 2023 to receive this funding. You cannot receive funding if you are 5 and repeating Pre-K because you’ve aged out (per the state).
- You must apply for the funding, that information will be available for parents on January 17 through BridgeCare.
- Preschools are not required to opt into this program; we are planning on participating in the program unless the state decides they will not accept our curriculum. In that case, we would maintain our current curriculum so that our Pre-K students are prepared for BFA’s elementary school.
- BFA’s preschool curriculum will not go under review by the state until January, so we will not make a firm decision until then.
- The amount the state will contribute toward preschool funding hasn’t been finalized yet, but the state is hoping to have funding finalized by early December.
- This program does not mean that preschool will be completely free; rather only the first 10 hours are ‘free’…(and the state has not determined how much they will pay). Parents will have to pay the remaining balance for the academic school year.
Universal Pre-K Class choices:
- Mrs. Olson’s Busy Bees: MWF full day – 8:15-3:20 ** Class Capacity 16
- Mrs. Olson’s Busy Bees: T/TH full day – 8:15-3:20 ** Class Capacity 16
- Mrs. Olson’s Busy Bees: M-F full day – 8:15-3:20 ** There would have to have room in both the MWF and T/TH classrooms to be able to accommodate this option.
- Mrs. Eframo’s Happy Campers: M-F 12:15-3:20 p.m. (There is no morning option for half-day.)
*** This is if you do not want your child to go full day.
***If we go with UPK we will ONLY offer a M-F class, as we would not be able to meet the 10 hours requirement with either of the MWF or T/TH class hours.
What Makes the BFA Preschool Special
- Highly qualified passionate teachers
- A nurturing environment
- Balance between academics and play based learning
- Small class size and low teacher-student ratios
- Focused on individual growth
- Daily focus on Language Arts, Math, Science, Art, Music and Movement and Social/Emotional Skills
- Yearly visits from the Tooth Fairy and Fire Department
- Special events such Western Days, Winter Performance and Pre-Kindergarten Graduation
- Smiling faces everyday