Ben Franklin Academy is a Colorado state-licensed preschool. Our learning program has been designed to nurture children’s cognitive, social, physical, and social-emotional skills with a curriculum capitalizing on their natural curiosity. Experienced, caring teachers create a safe learning space, promoting development through planned investigations and play-based activities.
Our teacher-student ratio is below licensing requirements, so we can personalize the environment and teaching methods to meet your child’s specific needs. Our educational program includes a variety of approaches to help support growth in all developmental and content areas.
Preschool is often the first time your child will be separated from you and familiar surroundings; so we focus on helping our little ones learn appropriate ways of relating to new friends and other adults, sharing, as well as developing self-control and responsibility in a safe, warm, loving environment.
We understand the first few years of school are vital to a child’s development, and we strive to ignite our student’s love for learning!
We know that choosing where to send your child is a big decision; in fact, we believe it’s one of the most important you’ll ever make. We’re glad you’re exploring our website to learn more, and hope you’ll consider all the advantages BFA’s preschool program can offer your young student.
Our preschool program is based on the following concepts:
- Our preschool curriculum is designed for children ages 3-5.
- We focus on Pre-K and Kindergarten readiness.
- We are educators, rather than a daycare program; there is no before and after school care for preschoolers.
- We offer both a Pre-K full-time and part-time (afternoon) option.
- Our Preschool 3’s only have a part-time option.
- We use the Core Knowledge scope and sequence for Pre-K students as our primary curriculum. (More curriculum information can be found under the curriculum tab.)
- Preschoolers must be age 3 by October 1 of the current year to attend the Preschool 3’s program.
- Preschoolers must be age 4 by October 1 of the current year to attend the Pre-K program.
- All preschoolers must be completely potty trained before starting school.
- We strive for a balance between academics and play-based learning.
- Our students benefit from annual visits from the Tooth Fairy and Fire Department.
- We offer special events/activities such as Western Days, a Winter Performance, and Pre-Kindergarten Graduation.
- We participate in unique BFA traditions and celebrations as appropriate.
Pre- K Full-Day Options:
Staff-Child Ratio: 1:8
- Mrs. Olson’s Busy Bees: MWF full day – 8:15 a.m. – 3:10 p.m. Class Capacity 16
- Mrs. Olson’s Busy Bees: T/TH full day – 8:15 a.m. – 3:10 p.m. Class Capacity 16
Pre-K Half Day Options:
Staff-Child Ratio: 1:8
- Mrs. Eframo’s Happy Campers: M-F 12:15 – 3:10 p.m. (There is no morning option for half-day.) Class Capacity 16
This is an excellent option if you do not want your child to attend preschool full-time.
Our Pre-K program aims to provide an environment that promotes the children’s physical, emotional, and intellectual development. The curriculum includes hands-on activities involving large groups, small groups, and individualized learning situations.
Preschool 3’s Options:
Staff-Child Ratio: 1:6
- Mrs. McConnell’s Adorable Owls: MWF 8:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Class Capacity 12
- Mrs. McConnell’s Adorable Owls: T/TH 8:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Class Capacity 12
The commitment of our Preschool 3’s program is to encourage and teach the following:
- Necessary cognitive skills required for school-age learning,
- How to get along with peers through problem-solving,
- Large and small motor skills,
- How to share ideas and feelings as well as acceptance of their peers’ feelings and opinions, and
- Decision making so they feel like they have a choice in what they do.