Ben Franklin Academy’s (BFA) middle school offers a rich Core Knowledge experience for students in grades six through eight. As students move through our middle school program, they continue to carryout our school mission for students to be well-read, scientifically curious, and civically engaged. BFA continues to build a strong foundation for its middle school students to succeed in high school and life.
Through our athletics program and electives offerings, we have a variety of extra-curricular activities for students to participate in throughout the year. Please visit the athletics page or our electives page to see the options available to your student.
What BFA Middle School Offers
- Specials rotation that includes PE/Health, Spanish, Life Skills and STEAM Lab
- Girls and Boys Soccer
- Girls Volleyball
- Girls and Boys Basketball
- Cross Country
Over 20 Electives Choices
- Drone Creation
- Science Apps
- Musical Theatre
- Team Sports
- BFA News
- Jewelry Making
- Ceramics and many more!
What Makes the BFA Middle School Special
- National Junior Honor Society
- Student Council
- Friends of Rachel (FOR) Club
- Green Team
- Academically Rigorous
- Honors Classes Offered for all Core Classes
- Individual Lockers
- No Block Scheduling
- Dedicated Middle School Wing and Commons Area
- Middle School Dance
- BFA Alumni report that they feel well prepared for high school
- COACH (Character, Organization, Academics, Community and Heart Projects). Each day students meet with their advisory classes to work on organization, to build character and community and to focus on their academics.
- Sixth Grade Outdoor Ed Trip to Estes Park
- Seventh Grade Outdoor Ed Trip to Keystone Science Center
- Eighth Grade Trip to Washington D.C. and Philadelphia