Our lunch program operates under the Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) as a fundraiser. We had great success last year, and we thank you in advance for your support, help and interest in the lunch program. We will continue using Lunch On The Go Catering Monday – Thursday. On Fridays we will offer pizza from Domino’s.
The schedule for ordering lunch, milk and pizza will be conducted on a monthly basis. (For example, if you wish to order lunch for September, you must order by August 31st to receive hot lunch, pizza or milk). The ordering schedule is as follows:
Month Start Date End Date
September 8/10/2012 8/31/2012
October 9/1/2012 9/21/2012
November 10/1/2012 10/21/2012
December 11/1/2012 11/21/2012
January 12/1/2013 12/21/2013
February 1/1/2013 1/21/2013
March 2/1/2013 2/21/2013
April 3/1/2013 3/21/2013
May/June 4/1/2013 4/21/2013
Please register with Lunch On The Go’s website whether you plan to order from them or not. This will enable you to get reminder emails for ordering pizza and milk as well (if you choose the monthly option). For returning students, LOTG has made several changes to their late order policy. See their website for more information. Lunch On The Go’s website is www.lunchonthegocatering.com. Please direct any questions about the food being served to Lunch On The Go at 720-870-8646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register:
- Go towww.lunchonthegocatering.comand click on “Order Lunches”.
- Click on "Register”
- Our School Password is: BFS136 and please follow the prompts
Our milk provider will be Sinton. We will be offering 1% white and Skim Chocolate milk, water and orange juice. You will have the option to order milk monthly, ½ yearly, or for the whole year. The price is $0.35 each. Those that order milk on the monthly option will need follow the lunch ordering schedule. You will be buying milk every day for the given period of time. Students will be able to choose their own beverage each day.
Fridays are Pizza Day and we will be ordering from Domino’s. You will need to order pizza monthly according to the lunch ordering schedule. Pizza will be the only option offered by the school on Fridays. Your choices will be Cheese or Pepperoni. You will choose the number slices and kind of pizza for the month. Each slice will be $1.75
Lunch will be served at these times:
Grades K-1 11:30-11:50 Grades 2-3 11:55-12:15
Grades 4-5 12:20-12:40 Grades 6-7 12:05-12:25
All classes will have recess before lunch. Lunch will be 20 minutes.
- Grades K-5 will eat in the gym. Students will sit by grade, not teacher. The younger grade will be closer to the kitchen, the older grade will be closer to the scoreboard.
- Students getting hot lunch will come in by the doors closest to the kitchen. Students that are bringing their lunch will enter through the doors near the stage. Kindergartners will come in from inside, as their recess is on the front playground.
- Sack lunches will be brought down from the classroom and will be next to their grade level beverage table.
- We will have hand sanitizer for the students as they enter the lunchroom.
- To address the noise level, we will have a stop light system. "Green" means use an inside voice. "Yellow" means tone it down. "Red" means no talking. Aides and volunteers will be monitoring the lunchroom.
- The lunchroom will have a Peanut/Nut Free table. BFA is a Peanut Aware school.
- For any snow days or absences that occur on a Friday, funds will be used toward the Greenhouse. We are unable to issue refunds.
Grades 6 -7
- Open Seating for Students in the Common Room.
- Sack lunch students will bring their own lunches from their lockers.
- Beverages will be set up in a cooler for students who have ordered. The students will check off their name.
- Students will be responsible for cleaning up the tables and floors.
- The Common Room is also Peanut Aware. A Peanut/Nut free table will be available.
Lunch for Grades K-5 will require 4 volunteers Monday-Thursday, and 8 volunteers on Pizza Fridays. For Grades 6-7, 1 volunteer is needed Monday-Thursday, and 4 volunteers are needed on Pizza Fridays. You must sign up in order to help in the lunchroom. If you volunteer but have not signed in, you will not get your hours. No double hours for lunch this year.
Questions and Newsletters
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions below. Or, you can submit your questions and comments to Betsy Brown at email@example.com.
For more information about Lunch on the Go, please click on PDF below: