- State-Mandated Testing
We are excited to have Douglas County Nutrition Services (DCNS) provide lunch at our school! We are confident you will be pleased with the quality, flexibility and cost of their fresh well balanced meal choices. Below is some helpful information followed by FAQ's. Please direct any further questions or concerns to Jodi Watson, BFA Lunch Coordinator, at email@example.com or Kelcy Porizky, our Kitchen Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch Accounts - MySchoolBucks
For purchasing hot lunch and/or drinks please set up and account at: www.myschoolbucks.com. By doing so this allows you to have access to:
· Mobile options for when you’re on-the-go, including a smartphone app and a tablet-friendly website
· Schedule automatic payments when your student’s account balance runs low
· Improved customer service, with email, online help, and a dedicated call center to directly contact with your inquiries
· Enhanced security to provide even greater protection of sensitive data
A few important things to note
· You will need to create an account in MySchoolBucks. The process is quick and simple, and will only require 5 minutes of your time. To add students to your account, you will need to enter your child’s birthdate or student ID number.
· Any existing meal account balances will automatically transfer to your account when you add students to your account. You won’t need to transfer any payments on your own or through the school.
· In addition to funding your student’s meal account, you can view student meal balances and purchases on MySchoolBucks – anytime, at no cost. You can also set alerts for when your balance is low.
Please contact MySchoolBucks at email@example.com or call 855.832.5226 if you have any questions about lunch accounts.
Nutrition Services will also accept checks or cash at the register. Please be sure your student’s name and ID number is on the check and it is made payable to DCNS. For more information visit their website at: http://www.dcsdnutritionservices.org.
Lunch menu (including ingredients and allergy information) can be found at http://dcsd.nutrislice.com. Please make sure your child knows when they are to get hot lunch and what their choice is for that day (including doubles). Teachers are being asked to give a count of how many students will be ordering lunch and what choice they would like each morning.
We are asking for 6 parent volunteers each day to help the process go smoothly. Under your volunteer preferences in Help Counter, be sure to check "lunch" as one of your interests. Sign up at helpcounterweb.com. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1) What does each meal include and what is the cost? A school meal has 5 components. Meat or meat alternate, grain, fruit, vegetable and milk or water (juice is not included). A student must choose at least three components (one of which has to be a fruit or vegetable) and up to 5 components for the meal to be purchased at the $3.10* (K-5) or $3.35* (6-8 is a slightly larger portion). Any additional components will be an extra charge.
2) How much does an adult meal (adult size portion) cost? An adult meal is $3.75* without milk or water and $4.50* with milk or water.
3) How much is milk or other drinks without a meal? Milk or 4 oz juice is $.75. 12 oz. bottled water $.50. Besides milk, options for middle school students include a 20 oz bottled water for $1.00 and various drinks including 8 oz. juice and carbonated juice (i.e. Epic, Envy or Switch) for $1.25. There are also a variety of snacks for $.50-$1.00.
4) Do I have to order ahead? No, you can decide the day of. Just make sure your child puts their order in with their teacher that morning.
*Price includes $.25 fee per meal to pay for kitchen equipment.