We are excited to have DCSD Nutrition Services provide lunch at our school! We are confident you will be pleased with the quality, flexibility and cost of their fresh well balanced meal choices. Below is some helpful information followed by FAQ's. Please direct questions and concerns to Pamela Betts, BFA Lunch Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelci Porizky our Kitchen Manager at email@example.com.
Please make sure your student memorizes their Lunch ID (Douglas County 6-digit Student ID). If you have not received an email with your student’s Lunch ID, login to Infinite Campus and check your inbox for messages. Look for a message containing “BFA Student ID for Lunch Program." If you still can’t find it, please email Kari in the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who purchase a lunch will choose their food and stop at the register for payment. They will use a pin pad to punch their ID number into the system. A screen on the monitor appears with the student’s name and photo. The cashier will enter the items purchased and the student will be on his/her way. It would be very helpful for your student to learn his/her ID prior to the upcoming year. This will help make the line go faster and students will have the maximum amount of time to eat.
School Payment Solutions
SchoolPaymentSolutions.com is an online payment portal especially designed to allow parents to make quick and easy online payments to their children's school accounts. The system allows parents to manage their children's lunch accounts quickly and easily. Through this website, you can check your child's account balance, see what your child is eating, and receive account balance update. Be sure you have signed up, logged in and made a payment to your student’s account at myschoolbucks.com at least 2 days prior to the first day they will get lunch. K-5 will not be turned away if there is a zero balance but 6-8 will (they may also pay cash or check the day of). So please be sure to check your account on a regular basis! Once you are logged in, you can update your account settings to notify you when your balance becomes low. If you have a smart phone or tablet, there is an easy app for your use. Search for Douglas County School District - DCSD (Educational Measures, LLC) & install. Nutrition Services will also accept checks. Please be sure your student’s name and ID number are on the check.
Lunch menu (including ingredients and allergy information) can be found at http://dcsd.nutrislice.com/. Please make sure your child knows when they are to get lunch and what their choice is for that day. Teachers are being asked to give a count of how many students will be ordering lunch and what choice they would like each morning.
We are asking for 3 parent volunteers each day to help the process go smoothly. Under your volunteer preferences in Help Counter, be sure to check "lunch" as one of your interests. A sign-up genius will be sent out so you can volunteer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1) What does each meal include and what is the cost? A school meal has 5 components. Meat or meat alternate, grain, fruit, vegetable and milk (milk is the only drink option that is included with a meal). A student must choose at least three components (one of which has to be a fruit or vegetable) and up to 5 components for the meal to be purchased at the $3.25* (K-5) or $3.50* (6-8) price (6-8 is a slightly larger portion). Any additional components will be an extra charge. For example an extra fruit or veggie side will be $.75 each.
2) How much does an adult meal cost? An adult meal is $3.50 without milk and $4.00 with milk.
3) How much is milk or other drinks without a meal? Milk is $.50. 8 oz. bottled water or 4 oz. juice for (K-5) is $.50. Besides milk, options for middle school students include a .5 liter bottled water for $1.00 and various juice drinks including10 oz. Minute Maid and carbonated juice (i.e. Izze or Switch) for $1.25.
4) Will there still be pizza? Yes, DCNS will serve Big Daddy pizza which is their signature brand every Thursday. There will also be other choices that day as well.
* Price includes a fee to pay for kitchen equipment and a $.25 fundraising fee, requested by BFA administration, that will be issued back by check to BFA monthly.