School Closure/Delayed Start Due to Weather
Severe Weather Carpool Delay
When the weather conditions prohibit a normal release of students during carpool, we will initiate a severe weather dismissal for carpool and will not allow students outside until the weather conditions are safe. During severe weather dismissal, your options are:
- Park your car in the parking lot and physically come into the school with your carpool tag to sign your child(ren) out. Please do not leave your car while in the carpool line.
- Enter, stay, and move with the carpool line until your child(ren) are released directly to you at the front of the school.
- Wait it out wherever you are until the weather passes and walkers are released.
Please understand that while this procedure will take longer than a regular dismissal, it will ensure the overall safety of our students. Thank you in advance for your support and understanding in the event of a severe weather dismissal.
- A decision to do a “Severe Weather Dismissal” won’t be made until 3:25 p.m. This gives us as much time as possible to see if the severe weather passes.
- Severe weather includes: lightning in the area; heavy rain, hail or snow; or tornado-like conditions.
- We will halt all carpool operations when lightning is within 3 miles of the school.
- Please do not make a call to your child’s cell phone asking him/her to exit the building. Your physical presence or that of another approved adult friend/family member, in the building or in carpool is required to release your child.
We will communicate to parents that a severe weather dismissal is in effect. We will try to do this between 3:25 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Please make sure that the school, as well as your student’s homeroom teacher, has your current contact information.
- Please talk to your child about a contingency plan that will come into play if and when a severe weather dismissal occurs.
- Please know that your child will always be safe by waiting at school until you arrive.