The state of Colorado requires each school to have a School Accountability Committee (SAC) consisting of parents, teachers, and community members charged with advising the administration on the improvement of the school. The SAC is tasked with informing, encouraging, and providing opportunities for parent and community members to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and quality improvement processes. The SAC reports to the principal and participates in the District Accountability Committee (DAC). SAC also serves as a sounding board for community concerns.
To achieve these goals throughout the year the SAC members will:
- Review every policy and procedure at BFA and make recommendations to the Board
- Review Standardized Assessment Data with school administration – identify areas of needed growth
- Review the schools Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) developed by the school administration to address needed areas of growth
- Participate in monthly District Accountability Committee (DAC) Meetings with the Douglas County School District
- Administer Parent Satisfaction Surveys – report results and SAC recommendations to the Board
- Administer Student Satisfaction Surveys – report results and SAC recommendations to the Board
All meetings are open to the public and publicized beforehand. We encourage parents and other community members to attend. Currently, Woody Haynes chairs the SAC committee; if you need to reach SAC, you can email him. Our upcoming meeting dates can be found under the Parents Tab School Calendar.